About Thirdway Industries
Thirdway Industries is a playing cards brand leaded by Italian designer Giovanni Meroni. The brand has the main motto of "Deck that tells stories". True to the words, every decks produced by TWI has stories, and they are all categorized into series. Each of the series has the story of its own, but most of it have a few in common: such as the relations with creation of the world, the first humans, Roman and Greek myths ans legends, anything mythical and historical. What makes TWI decks so special is that all of the decks are guaranteed different in any editions, not simply just change of color and change of tuckbox and anything. Also, a few of the decks are experimental, as in, he tried to combine few things and play with production features, such as UV ink, neon inks, holographic foils, exquisite tuckboxes, etc.
TWI Patreon - Eternal Edition
Giovanni Meroni has set up Patreon account for people to support him. Being a patron to his page has benefits for the patrons to get a sneak peek of upcoming project, some behind the scenes of the cards production and story building, and most importantly, deck editions that are exclusive to the patrons (eventually it can be sold outside Patreon, but it'd be slightly cheaper if bought in bundles, as the standalone will be very expensive) - dubbed "Eternal Edition"
Series w/ Summary
There are a lot of series under the TWI brand, thus I would just be brief about what the series is about. If you like to learn more of the series, you can go to the guide in United Cardists right HERE
- Delirium - it is mainly inspired from the standard French playing cards, though with a twist of insanity and confusion.
- Omnia - a combination of traditional playing cards with ancient symbology.
- Omnia, The Golden Age - the adoration of the ancient civilizations that once thrived in ancient history, such as the Babylonians, Persians, Egyptians, Greeks, and Romans.
- Dedalo - inspired by Greek Mythology and tells the chronicles of Theseus fighting with the Minotaur in Crete as well as the story of Icarus.
- Pantheon - the interpretation of the 12 Olympians, the twelve gods and goddesses that resides in Mount Olympus to watch over the Greeks in ancient times. The deck shows all of the 12 Olympians, also including Hades, Persephone, Helios, Artemis, and Prometheus.
- SINS - based on the 7 Deadly Sins [pride-greed-envy-sloth-wrath-gluttony-lust]. Each edition revolves around four sins, while one has all seven. Later, since the series is popular, it is remade and called "SINS Reborn"
- Eva - stories of the first women of different culture. Each suit represents one woman - all fo the courts are women, with ranks show the life journey of the character. The jokers are these women characters' relation with respective men.
- Lunatica - based on the phase phenomenon of Equinox and Solstice. It is possible that Lunatica refers to the Moon, on how each phases might be representating as emotional states.
- Odissea - Based on Homer's Odyssey, although the names are the Roman counterparts in mythology.
- Betrayers - discovers the world of betrayal and double-crossing, all the courts presenting reasons of why people betray, from self-benefits to something stupid.
- Monolith - heavily inspiried from "2001: A Space Odyssey", it is combining astrology with mythology. It is telling the story of the Ancient Gods and Goddesses who left their legacies in the form of Monoliths, and people would intrepret these beings differently throughout different civilizations.
- Conquerors - it is about victory - the journey of warriors and fighters battle for a purpose. And it is also about vengeance - the journey of warriors and fighters battle for avenging.
- Order - A dystopian world, a country that controls its citizens with all of their ideals, and the rebels who decide to overthrow the corrupt governments and eliminate the tyrants.
- Modern Idols - thematic story that tells how people lives in modern days. By doing either good or bad vices, people created their own idols they worshiped.
- Italia - explore Italy through iconic landmarks through the country. Each courts representing a city in Italy with their respective building landmarks and patroness.
- Apocalisse - The story of the end of the world foretold in the Book of Revelations in the Holy Bible.
- Apoteosi - The story of the world's rebirh after the end. There is a slight reference of world recreation in the Book of Revelations in the Holy Bible.
- Tales - featuring fairy tales and legends that are famous throughout history, created by some of the most celebrated authors. Editions are to refine their virtues: whether they are good, magical, brave, evil, or legendary.
- Egoism - The standard playing cards with TWI signature. It includes four jokers that illustrated gods and godesses that each representing a suit.
- Black Market - it revolves around the libertarian, secret trade company that sells extraordinary items to their members - a secret society that is located in the Dark Web, and the purchases using crypto currency.
- Galaxia - heavily based on Star Trek and other sci-fi medias, it tells the story of galactic empires and rebels along with life in space.
- Poison - a fictional lore about alchemy, pharmacy, and poison in America 1920s based on the legend of John B. Trayer.
Total Decks: 86 (7)
Decks are listed based on series. Decks listed in bold are Limited Editions and/or Eternal Editions [TWI Patrons Exclusives]
- The Evil Deck
- Exquisite Fortuna
Omnia, The Golden Age
SINS & SINS Reborn
- Red Corpus
- Blue Mentis
- Black Anima
- Blood Corpus
- Twisted Mentis
- Lost Anima
- Infernal Anima EX
- Red Rose
- Nec Plus Ultra
- Red Invictus
- White Monolith
- Black Monolith
- Gold Monolith
- Monolith Singularity
- Monolith Horizon
- Monolith Sagittarius [TBD]
- Endless Hope
- Extreme Fear
Apocalisse & Apoteosi
- Apocalisse Original
- Apocalisse Wrath of God
- Apoteosi Original
- Apoteosi Heaven's Gift
- Peacock [TBD]
- Copper [TBD]
- Ivory [TBD]
- BM Original
- BM Crypto [TBD]
- Aegis [TBD]
- Belladonna [TBD]
- Kingslayer [TBD]